The Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) released a statement of guidance regarding Pre-Participation Physicals for student athletes for the 2020-21 school year last week.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic during the 2019-20 school year and the continued stress on the medical community, the Indiana High School Athletic Association, Inc. will waive the provisions of Rule 3-10 for the 2020-21 school year. Effective immediately, valid physical and consent forms presented to member schools on behalf of eligible students during the 2019-20 school year shall be valid during the upcoming 2020-21 school year. Click on the link below for detailed information regarding this provision by the IHSAA.
All Covenant athletes will still be required to complete all of the signature and transportation forms for the 2020-21 school year. If a student athlete does not have a valid pre-participation physical dated after April 1, 2019, they must obtain one from a physician. Click here for the pre-participation physical and other paperwork on the athletic website.
The document for the physical and other paperwork at the link above contains the following items:
– Page 1: Paperwork information/instructions
– Pages 2-4: IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Form
– Page 5: IHSAA Eligibility Rules Signature Form
– Page 6: IHSAA Consent/Release Signature Form
– Page 7: Concussions/Sudden Cardiac Arrest Signature Form
– Page 8: CCHS Athletic Handbook Signature Form
– Page 9: CCHS Transportation Signature Form
– Pages 10-12: CCHS Consent to Treat Signature Form
– Pages 13-18: Concussion/Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information
Students should have all paperwork completed and submitted to the Nurses’ Clinic before participation in any practices or conditioning workouts.
If you have any questions about required paperwork, please contact the Athletic Office at the contact information listed on page 1 of the Pre-Participation Form.